- How did you get involved with writing fan fiction?
- Who is your favorite Harry Potter character and why?
Harry. I know, I know, but I’m just a sucker for the poor kid.
- What was the most shocking moment of the HP series?
For me, Dumbledore’s murder. I knew it was coming, and was still floored.
- If you could ask JKR one thing what would it be?
Why are you such a sadist? Just kidding, but the things she’s done to this one kid….honestly.
- In writing Now and Then — did you have any idea how popular it would be?
- How much research went into writing it?
Actually, quite a bit. I went back to the Potter novels and re-read the sections on Metamorphmagus, and Harry has rather extended PTS from the attack by his enemies, I read up on that. And then the drug usage; I wasn’t real familiar with the properties of date rape drugs, especially those used on men. The internet is an invaluable tool.
- What is the defining moment in the characterization of your favorite character?
In my stories, or Jo’s? (LOL) In my story, I think it would have to be when Harry finds out he’s going to be a father. In Jo’s, I really think it’s Sirius’ death.
- What advice would you give to first time writers?
Keep writing! This was the first story I posted, but not the first one I wrote. I literally have notebooks full of fanfiction, some of which will never see the light of day, but it was all valuable in developing flow and plot development, learning how not to go off an tangents, sort of like I am with the answer to this question…
- Which is your favorite Harry Potter book?
The sixth, I think. I love POA, and GOF. OOTP actually sort of irritated me, until the butt whooping began! In the sixth, you start to see inklings of a little more grown up Harry, and I like him. A lot.
- Tell us something interesting about where you are from.
Hmmm. It’s very pretty here…I have to tell you, I’m a transplant from Southern California to Northeast Washington, and I think if I had realized how conservative it was, I’m not sure I’d have moved here. It seemed like a good idea at the time. And it is, really, very beautiful, though.
- What character is the easiest for you to write? Which character is nearly impossible?
Harry is the easiest, perhaps because all of the books are from his POV, so we have a working understanding of the inside of his head already. The hardest? Snape. Hands down, which is why I don’t write him. He remains a complete enigma, and I really don’t like imbuing Ms. Rowling’s characters with my take on their…character.
- What would be the thing you’d miss most?
- Give us five ways you’d use the Imperius Curse.
1. I’d make the company I work for treat my fellow workers better.
2. I’d get the judge to overlook the speeding ticket I got last week!
3. On a serious note, I’d go to Washington and make Bush bring the boys (and girls) home.
4. I’d figure out a way to use it on Congress to pass comprehensive gay rights legislation.
5. I’d convince my bank to give me money!
- Fred and George have given you a Daydream Charm. Which four characters would star in your daydream and where would it take place?
Oh, I feel like such a dirty old lady here! (LOL) Harry, Ron, Remus and Sirius. Because honestly, who wouldn’t! And where? Somewhere where they’d all have to wear bathing suits, like Hawaii!
- What is your favorite food and would which famous person (non-HP) would you most like to share it with?
My favorite food is chocolate cake, and I’d like to share it with Robin Williams, because, in my book, there is a genius in being that unrelentingly funny.
- What inspires you to write?
My muse! He’s very pushy.
- What type of environment do you like to write in?
My computer is in my kitchen at a built in work station, and I like to write anytime, but mostly when it’s quiet. I know lots of writers like music, but I find it distracting.
- Who are your favorite real life authors?
Dan Brown, Nora Roberts, Jennifer Blake. And Madam_Minnie!
- What do you do for fun outside of fandom?
Go to the movies with my daughter, draw, paint, watch football.
- This is a standard question: Why does Simons_flower keep killing Ron? Is it to torture Annie?
I believe so, yes. And I’m always up for a good torture, as you’d know if you read this story! Ha!
- What will be the following characters' fates?
Fred: die (because J.K.’s just perverse enough to do it!)
Molly Weasley: die
Harry: live (Or I’m going to need years of expensive therapy!)