Interview - Artist - Maria Abagnale
Interview with Maria Abagnale
Artist Gallery, Live Journal, Artist Website and Deviant Art
- Which HP character is your favorite to draw and why?
Ron, ‘cause I love drawing his red hair, his blue eyes, his freckles... everything anyway xD
- What other artists inspire you?
Enayla for is awsome realistic Illustrations! But I fell inspired by so much artist, from hp fandom and not, comics (I read so much of it, I love the french comics!) cartoon and etc...
- Who is your OTP? Tell us why.
Ron/Hermione of course, but Harry/Ginny, Lily/James, Remus/Tonks too ...’cause I love canon paring! xD
- How do you find inspiration for your commissions?
I find inspiration in everything, in comics, magazines, or movies too, because I use to make always a detailed search for my cartoonist work.
- When did you first start drawing?
I drew since I was a little child. When I was a year I drew on [the] walls of my house! xD
- What medium do you prefer? I don’t have a favourite medium, because I love drawing in different ways and different styles.
- Do you ever wake in the middle of the night with something in mind that *must be* drawn right then?
More or less. I have a lots of inspirations in the middle of the night, so for this cause I don’t sleep a lot just for thinking xD but I almost never draw in the night. I just preserve only my inspiration for the tomorrow!
- So what other fan artists out there do you appreciate the work of?
There are so many, like Hito, Makani, Auroreblackcat, Mudlblood428, Reallycorking, Leelastarsky, and so much others...
- Which character is the most challenging for you to illustrate?
Oh, for me they are all difficult ones, every time that I draw a character for me is a challenge, because J.K. Rowling has characterized so well that I always believe not to be able of to represent them!
- How long does it take to go from line-art to full-color pieces?
It depends from the style I choose. About a day, anyway.
- What is the craziest commission request you’ve received?
To be honest I never received a crazy commission xD I received always lovely commission *.*
- If you could draw anyone in the world, whom would you love to have the opportunity to sketch?
Heath Ledger ( T__T ) and Alessandro Del Piero *__* I am a fan of football (or soccer)!
- Who is your favorite Harry Potter character?
Always Ron xD
- If you were trapped in a room with your favorite character what would you want them to wear while you sketched them?
Hogwarts uniform ( from the movies ) would be great **
- When you’re doing a commissioned piece from a specific story how much research do you put into that story?
My english isn’t perfect... so I have to read the story twice, if something that I need isn’t write I ask to the author, but I usually received from them all informations cause they are so careful.
- Are there any situations or characters that you just refuse to draw?
I don’t think I’ll make hentai or nc17 scenes and I don’t like drawing situations about H/Hr. Like characters...err no one in particular.
- What is your personal favorite piece that you’ve done?
R/Hr kiss from Deathly Hallows. Editor’s Note: You can find that here.
- What is your process for taking commissions?
I write on my livejournal when I have some free time and so I accept commissions, but I haven’t problems if someone ask me to do a commission in different time. Just ask! :D
- In the process of drawing how much do you depend on someone else’s vision of what the character’s are in a commissioned piece?
So much! For this motive, I love that they is very descriptive of what them they want, but I investigate with questions however, in their fanfictions, lj and etc... I think in a commission the important thing is wath they wants, they pay me for this!
- If you could sketch the captains what type of sketch would you do?
Just ask, you are the captains, you command! xD